Level III Patient Centered Medical Home
We provide general family healthcare, men, women and pediatric care as well as preventative services, same day sick visits, evaluation and treatment of skin problems, bone density screening, laboratory services and holistic/alternative care.
- Personal physician – each patient has an ongoing relationship with a personal physician trained to provide first contact and continuous, comprehensive care.
- Physician-directed medical practice – the personal physician leads a team of individuals at the practice level who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
- Whole person orientation – the personal physician is responsible for providing for all the patient’s health care needs or taking responsibility for appropriately arranging care with other qualified professionals. This includes care for all stages of life, acute care, chronic care, preventive services, and end of life care.
- Coordinated care – all aspects of care are integrated across the complex health care system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient’s community (e.g., family, public and private community-based services). Care is facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange, and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- Practices advocate for their patients to support the attainment of optimal, patient-centered outcomes that are defined by a care-planning process driven by a compassionate, robust partnership between physicians, patients, and the patient’s family.
- Physicians in the practice accept accountability for continuous quality improvement through voluntary engagement in performance measurement and improvement.
- Patients actively participate in decision making, and feedback is sought to ensure patients’ expectations are being met.
- Information technology is utilized appropriately to support optimal patient care, performance measurement, patient education, and enhanced communication.